Full-length 1 year programme, with 6 months internship* spent at one of the MORE safari lodges
You will learn everything you need to become one of the best! Gain in-depth knowledge of the bush, learn skills to host guests on their once-in-a-lifetime adventures, and achieve qualifications that will allow you to leap ahead of your peers. All of this, while upholding the ethics of a true conservationist. This course should be a stepping stone on your path to becoming a professional field guide.
- Applicants must be South African citizens who are 21 years old or older, or 20 turning 21 within the course year
This course includes:
- NQF2 Nature Site Guide (FGASA)
- FGASA Apprentice Trails Guide
- FGASA Advanced Rifle Handling
- Tracks & Signs (by CyberTracker)
- Wilderness First Aid Level 2
- Advanced Birding
- Wildlife Photography
- Night Sky Safari Skills
- Navigation and Orientation
- 4 x 4 Driving
- Basic Mechanics
- Nature Conservation (principals and practical application)
- Hospitality Skills (hosting guests on a five-star safari)
- Emotional Intelligence
6-Month MORE Internship
Based at one of MORE’s exclusive safari lodges, you will gain valuable bridging experience and have work-place training under the direction of some of the industry’s finest field guides. Hone your guiding and hospitality skills and gain the confidence to independently take guests out on safaris.
*Internship is subject to meeting specific requirements
Permanent MORE Employment
Our top-performing students will have an opportunity many junior guides can only dream of – to become a permanent MORE Field Guide. Students who meet the criteria are added to MORE’s recruitment pool and if selected, will establish their career at one of our renowned safari lodges.