MORE Field Guide College (originally NJMORE Field Guide College) is an approved Field Guide Association of Southern Africa (FGASA) Training Delivery Partner. Established by MORE Family Collection, we produce professional field guides of an exceptional calibre and give students from around the world the life-enriching experience of living their African dream.
FGASA (Field Guide Association of Southern Africa) maintains the highest standards for guiding throughout the region and is a registered provider with CATHSSETA (South Africa’s Culture, Art, Tourism, Hospitality, and Sport Sector Education and Training Authority).
Our MORE Field Guide Standards Board steers our journey to foster a culture that inspires field guides and positions MORE Field Guide College as an industry leader in ethical, exceptional, and professional field guiding.
The founding of MORE Field Guide College in 2014 was inspired by passionate conservationist, the late Nick John More (1967–2013). It fulfils his wish to continue the legacy of three generations of More nature ambassadors, unwavering in their dedication to safeguarding our environment and passionate about sharing their profound affection and knowledge of the planet’s last untouched places. Therefore, students are chosen for their authentic and unmistakable love for the wilderness and their capacity to kindle the same enthusiasm, in individuals from across the globe.
Why MORE Field Guide College?
For a life experience and career development, guided by the safari industry’s best!
- We have six courses to choose from, providing upskilling, career training and adventures of a lifetime.
- Our FGASA (Field Guide Association of Southern Africa) accredited courses are widely recognised across Africa, as well as the USA, UK and UAE.
- Our facilitators are highly qualified, respected industry experts and the college has an excellent pass rate.
- We arrange internships, with the chance to begin your career at one of MORE’s five-star safari lodges or partner lodge.
- Our college operates across two chosen campuses, strategically situated in the Greater Kruger region and the Waterberg. This dual-location approach offers all students on the six-month course the invaluable opportunity to immerse themselves in the abundant biodiversity and distinct ecosystems of each area and develop a well-rounded understanding and skill set as field guides.
Meet The Team
MORE Field Guide College maintains an exceptional pass rate, with students under the tutelage and guidance of the industry’s finest:
- Candice Grover, General Manager
- Nikki Meiring, Sales & Operations Manager
- Faith Shivamba, Campus Manager
- Tarryn Hennessy, Campus Manager
- Obakeng Medupe, Principal Facilitator
- Otto Scribante, Principal Facilitator
- Hugh Morris, Guide Facilitator
- Rector Nkuna, Guide Facilitator
- Francois Fourie, FGASA Assessor
Together, our team conveys a well-rounded understanding of and passion for the environment, wildlife, field guiding, and safari hospitality.
Our Guiding Culture
Our MORE Field Guides are the new generation of nature ambassadors. They have a vast knowledge of the environment, a passion for guiding, a dedication to teaching people about our extraordinary natural heritage, and inspiring them to do their part to protect it. In conducting safaris, our guides never cause undue stress to the wildlife, and are careful to maintain a balance between human presence and ecosystem health. Students have a clear demonstration of these commitments being based at Marataba, a privately managed section within the ‘Marakele’ National Park – ‘place of sanctuary’ in the Tswana language.
Whether you are looking for a full-on African adventure or following a career path, we have a course for you. MORE Field Guide College is an approved FGASA-endorsed Training Delivery Partner, renowned in the industry for its full-length and short-term courses, providing excellent grounding and upskilling in field guiding. FGASA is a registered provider with CATHSSETA (South Africa’s Culture, Art, Tourism, Hospitality, and Sport Sector Education and Training Authority). Our six on-site courses are designed to impart in-depth knowledge and practical learning experiences and we have great success in producing exceptional nature ambassadors and field guides committed to making a positive change.
Pack for a Purpose
We are proud members of Pack for a Purpose, an initiative that allows visitors like you to make a lasting impact in the community at your destination. If you save just a few kilos of space in your suitcase and take supplies for the projects we support in need, you’ll make a priceless impact in the lives of our local children and families. Please click on the button below to see what supplies are needed for our project/projects.
Meet Our MORE Field Guide Standards Board
Fostering a Culture that Inspires Field Guides
Our purpose as the MORE Field Guide Standards Board, is to nurture and elevate standards of excellence and professionalism, by promoting a culture of continuous improvement within our MORE Field Guide College and our guiding teams in our Safari Lodges.
Our Board is there to steer this journey contributing to critical decision making and offering expert guidance based on our passion for field guiding, and our accumulative years of experience in the safari industry and within MORE Family Collection’s five-star Lodges.
We empower MORE Field Guides to be the gold standard for guiding excellence and professionalism and position MORE Field Guide College as an industry leader in ethical, exceptional, and professional field guiding through innovation, education, and collaboration.